Planning an event or preparing registration processes can seem overwhelming. But it doesn’t have to be. The Destiny One Registration System (DORS) is an all in one tool that expedites the registration, delivery, reporting, payment, and automation of non-credit courses and conference curriculum. While the University has several tools that can facilitate non-credit registration and accept credit card payments, DORS is the only enterprise-wide system funded by the University cost pool.
Please review the Events Calendar, Tickets, Zoom, and DORS Matrix to compare features of Destiny One to the Events Calendar, U of M Tickets & Sales, and Zoom Events.
Events and Planning Tools
- Registration for a single event or event packages and conferences
- PCI-compliant payment processor
- Reserved seating or timed entry
- Conference registration
- Formal accreditation
- Professional credit tracking (CEU & PDU options)
- Class list communications
Benefits and Value
DORS is Cost-Effective
The cost to use the DORS registration system is paid centrally through the System-wide Technology Cost Pool (Unit allocation based on collegiate FTE totals). Each unit only needs to pay the credit card fees.
DORS is Secure
DORS is already being used by university departments. Because it isn’t a third-party platform, you can be sure all information is encrypted and secure. You don't have to rely on outside organizations to manage data and private information.
DORS is an Enterprise System
Because of this, DORS can be easily integrated into a range of existing programs, including:
- Identity Management Services
- Web-based learning management systems like Canvas
- Enterprise Financial System (EFS)
- Email communications like Salesforce
Top-notch customer support for all users
When you use DORS, you can be sure there is a dedicated team that will support you every step of the way. The DORS support team is here to:
- Guide you through the onboarding process
- Help you model complex use cases
- Ensure your base configuration details are completed and maintained, including role and workflows assignments
- Review your course and conference set up before you go live
- Train users on basic functionality and appropriate use of the system
- Evaluate new system functionality and recommend configurations
- Troubleshoot issues and test bug fixes and new release functionality
- Provide vendor management
*The DORS support team is not intended to provide customer support to your students/learners. Please be sure to provide clear pathways for learner support in your course and conference materials so that students/learners know who to contact when they have questions.
Ready to see if DORS is right for you?
Fill out the Destiny Use Case Questionnaire to discover how DORS can help you accomplish your goals.
Interested in the DORS team managing your offering instead? Submit the DORS Limited Registration Offering Questionnaire.